Wi2 Free Wi-Fi Service Terms and Conditions of Use
Article 1 (Applicability of Terms and Conditions of Use)
Article 2 (Service Subscription)
Article 3 (Conditions for Use of Service)
The User shall prepare, at its own responsibility and expense, any data communication hardware and software necessary to use the Service.
Article 4 (Restriction on Assignment of User Rights)
No User may assign any of its right to use the Service to any third party.
Article 5 (Revision of Service)
Wi2 may revise the content of the Service, in whole or in part..
Article 6 (Use of Third Party Information)
1. The User agrees that any third party providing any information for use by the User is fully responsible for such information and that Wi2 is not the provider of such information.
2. In no event Wi2 will be liable to any dispute between the User and any third party arising out of or in connection with the use of products, services or information provided by such party.
Article 7 (Restriction of Use of Communication)
1. Wi2 may restrict access to sites, etc. which youth should not use with the perspective of protecting the youth as based on Wi2's judgment (by filtering and any other means).
2. Wi2 may restrict communication with access points designated under the list of child pornography addresses, which the Internet Content Safety Association prepares to prevent the distribution of child pornography (which means the information on the access points on the Internet that Wi2 receives under the rules for provision of the list of child pornography addresses stipulated by the said Association).
Article 8 (Forbidden Acts)
The user may not be engaged in any of the following activities in their use of the Service. Wi2 may disconnect the service if the User is deemed to be engaged in such activity.
- Any act infringing or may be infringing on the copyright or any other rights of any third party or Wi2.
- Any act that violating or may be violating the property or privacy of any third party or Wi2.
- Any other act causing or may be causing any disadvantage or damage to any third party or Wi2.
- Any act defaming any third party or Wi2.
- Any act offensive or may be offensive to public order and morals (obscene, prostitution, violent, brutal, abusive, etc.) or providing any third party with such information offensive to public order and morals.
- Any criminal act or other act linked to or may be linked to a criminal act.
- Any act involved in election campaigns or similar act during or off the campaign period.
- Any act of making the Service for-profit by reselling or leasing the Service.
- Any act of establishing or soliciting to an endless money chain (pyramid scheme).
- Any act of distributing advertising or soliciting email to the general public or any act of sending fraudulent or repugnant e-mails.
- Any act of intercepting email to any third party or Wi2 or any act of requesting chain-mail forwarding or forwarding e-mail in response to such request.
- Any act of spoofing in using the Service.
- Any act of falsifying or erasing any Wi2 or third party data accessible through the Service.
- Any act of using or providing harmful programs such as computer viruses through or in connection with the Service.
- Any act of causing troubles or disadvantages to a third party or Wi2, interfering with the Service or obstructing the operation of the service.
- Any act of using the Service in the form that seriously impacts the direct or indirect use by the others.
- Any act of using the Service or letting others use the Service by failing to follow the procedure designated by the Company necessary for the start of the use of the Service without our permission.
- Any other acts violating or may be violating any laws or regulations.
- Any other acts deemed to be inappropriate by Wi2.
Article 9 (Principle of Self-Responsibility)
1. The User shall be fully liable to any damages caused to Wi2 or any third party by any act of the User subject to the previous article (Forbidden Acts) including compensation even after the User is disqualified.
2. In the event the User incurs any damages or is held liable in connection to the data or files uploaded or downloaded using the Service, the User shall fulfill such damages or legal liabilities at its own responsibility and shall not make any claim or cause any trouble to Wi2.
Article 10 (Copyright)
1. The User may not use any information or file provided through the Service in any way beyond the extent of duplicating for personal use as defined in the copyright law without consent of the right holder.
2. The User may not have any third party use or disclose any information or file provided through the Service in any way without consent of the right holder.
3. In the event of any dispute arising out of any breach of the provisions of this article, the User shall settle such dispute at its own responsibility and expense and indemnify and hold Wi2 harmless from such dispute.
Article 11 (Use of Personal Information)
Article 12 (Cancellation and suspension of Service)
1. Wi2 may cancel or suspend the operation of the Service without prior notice.
2. Wi2 shall by no means be liable to any damages incurred by the User or any third party caused by the cancellation or suspension of the Service under this article.
Article 13 (Indemnification)
1. Wi2 will not be held liable for any damages incurred by the User in connection with the provision of the Service.
2. Wi2 shall not warrant operation of any communications hardware or software used by the User.
Article 14 (Governing Law)
Article 15 (Jurisdiction)
1. Any dispute arising out of the Service between the User and Wi2 shall be discussed mutually in good faith between the parties.
2. In the event of such dispute may not be resolved through the mutual discussion set forth above, the Tokyo District Court or the Tokyo Summary Court shall have the exclusive original jurisdiction.
These revised Terms shall take effect from July 13, 2016.
These revised Terms shall take effect from October 26, 2016.
Wi2 will use the personal information only to the extent necessary for achieving the objectives of providing the public wireless LAN service (“Service”), its associated operations, other operations Wi2 may run through the Service and their associated operations (including future services and operations). They are specifically:
- for introducing, proposing and accepting applications for the Service
- for identifying the applicant for the Service
- for managing Service and contract due dates for continuous transaction management
- for validating provision of the Service
- for fulfilling operations commissioned by other service providers in relation to processing of personal information in whole or in part
- for exercising rights or fulfilling obligations based on contracts with users or the law
- for improving and developing Services through market research and data analysis
- for delivering proposals and information related to services by direct mail etc
- for post operations after the termination of the Service.
- for providing information based on the longitude and latitude details of our access points.
- for providing information based on the attribute information of the user such as age and gender, and activity history information of the user.
- for providing information service providers with the accessed location information of the terminal based on the installation data of our access points; provided however, that no information identifying an individual (personal information) will be provided.
- for providing information service providers with the information that are processed from the attribute information of the user such as age and gender, and activity history information of the user in the form that are not able to identify any specific individual. No information identifying an individual (personal information) will be provided.
- for facilitating appropriate and smooth transactions with users