Chapter 1 - General Provisions
Article 1 - Application
Article 2 - Scope and Amendments
3. Effective date
Chapter 2 – Applications
Article 3 - Applications
Article 4 - Establishment of a Service Usage Agreement
A Service Usage Agreement shall come into effect upon completion of registration procedures for an Applicant who has applied to use the Service pursuant to the preceding article.
Article 5 - Conditions for Use
The User shall be responsible for preparing, at the User’s expense, communications equipment and software, etc. necessary to use the Service.
Article 6 - Restrictions on Assignment of Usage Eligibility
The User must not transfer their status under the Service Usage Agreement, assign their rights and obligations pursuant to the Service Usage Agreement to a third party, or provide such rights and obligations as collateral for a third party, without written consent from Wi2.
Article 7 - Cancellation of Use by User
The User shall notify Wi2 by the means specified by Wi2 in advance when wishing to cancel use of the Service.
Chapter 3 - Service
Article 8 - Service to be Provided
2. Wi2 may alter the content of the Service in whole or in part.
Article 9 - Use of Third Party Information
The User agrees that the third party providing information is fully responsible for use of such information and that Wi2 is not the provider of such information.
Article 10 - Warranty of Content of Third Party Information
1. Wi2 does not warrant the integrity, accuracy, certainty or usability of any products, services or information provided by third parties through the Service.
2. Wi2 assumes no liability whatsoever for any disputes that arise between the User and a third party in connection with the use by the User of any products, services or information provided by such third party.
Chapter 4 - Charges
Article 11 - Charges
1. Service charges are set forth separately by Wi2 in the Agreement.
2. Fixed monthly usage charges are calculated on the last day of each month, and the User shall pay Wi2 basic charges, monthly usage charges, packet communication charges, and an amount equivalent to consumption tax (including local consumption tax) on such charges by the date specified by Wi2, by credit card, electronic money, or another method separately specified by Wi2.
3. Hourly contract usage charges are calculated in hourly units, and the User shall pay Wi2 basic charges, hourly usage charges, packet communication charges, and an amount equivalent to consumption tax (including local consumption tax) on such charges by the date specified by Wi2, by credit card, electronic money, or another method separately specified by Wi2.
Chapter 5 - User Obligations
Article 12 - Prohibited Acts
The User must not engage in any of the following acts when using the Service, and Wi2 may discontinue use of the Service if Wi2 deems that the User is engaging in any such acts:
1.Any act that infringes or may infringe the copyright or any other rights of a third party or Wi2;
2.Any act that infringes or may infringe the property or privacy of a third party or Wi2;
3.In addition to the preceding item, any act that causes or may cause any disadvantage or damage to a third party or Wi2;
4.Any act that defames a third party or Wi2;
5.Any act that violates or may violate public order and morals (obscene, violent, brutal or abusive acts, prostitution, etc.), or any act that provides information that violates public order and morals to a third party;
6.Any act that is or may be criminal or linked to a criminal act;
7.Any act involving electioneering or similar acts, irrespective of whether during an election campaign period;
8.Any act that uses the Service for profit such as reselling or leasing the Service;
9.Any act that establishes or solicits the establishment of an endless chain scheme (pyramid scheme) or acts which solicit such act;
10.Any act that sends emails (nuisance emails) that contain advertising, solicitations, fraudulent information, or information that is or may be repugnant to the general public;
11.Any act that obstructs the receipt of email by a third party or Wi2 or any act that requests the forwarding of chain-mail or forwards chain-mail in response to such a request;
12.Any act that uses the Service spoofing as a third party;
13.Any tortious act such as using the Service to gain unauthorized access to Wi2 or a third party, and falsifying or erasing data;
14.Any act that uses or provides harmful programs such as computer viruses, through or in connect to the Service;
15.Any act that causes trouble or disadvantages to a third party or Wi2, any act that may interfere with the Service or any act that obstructs the operation of the Service;
16.Any act using the Service that seriously impacts or may seriously impact use of the Service by persons who use the Service directly or indirectly;
17.Any other act that violates or may violate laws and regulations; or
18.Any other act deemed to be inappropriate by Wi2.
Article 13 - User’s Liability
The User shall assume all legal liability to compensate for damage if Wi2 or a third party incurs damage as a result of any act by the User corresponding to prohibited acts in the preceding article, even after the User loses eligibility as a user.
Article 14 - User’s Self-Responsibility
In the event that the User suffers any damage or assumes any legal liability in connection to information or files uploaded or downloaded using the Service, the User shall be responsible for handling such situations and shall not make any claim or cause any trouble to Wi2.
Article 15 - Ownership and Intellectual Property Rights
Ownership and intellectual property rights to all programs, software, services, procedures, trademarks, trade names, services provided by any third party, or technologies associated thereto that make up the Service shall belong to Wi2 or the relevant provider.
Article 16 - Copyrights
1. The User may not use any information or files provided through the Service in any way beyond the scope of duplicating for personal use by the User as stipulated in the Copyright Act, without consent of the right holder.
2. The User may not allow a third party to use or disclose any information or files provided through the Service in any way, without consent of the right holder.
3. In the event that a dispute arises following a violation of the provisions of the preceding 2 paragraphs, the User shall settle such dispute at its own expense and responsibility and shall not cause any damage to Wi2.
Chapter 6 - Protection of Personal Information
Article 17 - Use of Personal Information
Article 18 - Use of Applicant and User Information
Wi2 properly handles information having processed it in a safe form that does not identify individuals in accordance with the Privacy Protection Measures When Using Customer Information.
Click here to view our Privacy Protection Measures When Using Customer Information (Japanese only).
Click here to change your customer information utilization settings (Japanese only).
Article 19 - Discontinuation and Suspension
1. Wi2 may discontinue or suspend the operation of the Service when:
1. Conducting regular or emergency system maintenance or engineering work relating to the Service or when an unavoidable event occurs such as a system failure at Wi2;
2. Regular provision of the Service is no longer possible due to wars, riots, disturbances, labor disputes, earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, floods, tsunamis, fires, power failures or any other force majeure;
3. Wi2 is regulated or ordered by a national or local governmental organization to discontinue or suspend the Service or when another telecommunications carrier has discontinued or suspended the provision of the Service; or
4. Wi2 otherwise deems that temporary suspension is necessary for the operation of the Service.
2. Wi2 shall give prior notice to the User when discontinuing or suspending the operation of the Service pursuant to the provisions of the preceding paragraph, except in urgent and unavoidable circumstances.
Article 20 - Termination
Chapter 7 - Compensation for Damage
Article 21 - Compensation for Damage
Compensation for damage shall be in accordance with the provisions of Article 26 of the Agreement.
Article 22 - No Warranty
Wi2 shall not warrant the operation of communications equipment and software used by the User.
Article 23 - Governing Law
Article 24 - Consultations
The parties shall consult in good faith if any disputes arise between the User and Wi2 in connection to the Service.
Article 25 - Court with Jurisdiction
The district court with jurisdiction over the address of Wi2’s head office shall be the court with exclusive agreed jurisdiction in the first instance if the need arises for any lawsuit between the User and Wi2 in connection with the Service.
Wi2 will use the personal information only to the extent necessary for achieving the objectives of providing the public wireless LAN service (“Service”), its associated operations, other operations Wi2 may run through the Service and their associated operations (including future services and operations). They are specifically:
* for introducing, proposing and accepting applications for the Service
* for identifying the applicant for the Service
* for managing Service and contract due dates for continuous transaction management
* for validating provision of the Service
* for fulfilling operations commissioned by other service providers in relation to processing of personal information in whole or in part
* for exercising rights or fulfilling obligations based on contracts with customers or the law
* for improving and developing Services through market research and data analysis
* for delivering proposals and information related to services by direct mail etc
* for post operations after the termination of the Service.
* Wi2 will provide information service providers with the access location information of the terminal based on the installation data of our access points to allow provision of information based on the longitude and latitude of our access points; provided however, that no information identifying an individual (personal information) will be provided.
* Wi2 will provide information service providers with the age and gender information of the subscriber based on the registered information and activity history information of the subscriber to allow provision of information based on the age, gender and past activity history of the subscriber; provided however that no information identifying an individual (personal information) will be provided.
* for facilitating appropriate and smooth transactions with customers